Today’s mask is the Biore Blue Agave Baking Soda Whipped Mask. I read about this mask in a ‘best of beauty’ article from a magazine I can’t remember. I figured this mask was only $10 CDN so why not give it a try, especially considering how many uses one tube would provide.
The texture is certainly whipped and very light, it takes a good spreading for the mask to adhere well to the skin. Once applied, leave the mask on for approximately 5 minutes. The mask will not harden or dry, it will maintain the same whipped texture from the initial application.
The 2 main ingredients within this mask are Baking Soda and Blue Agave.
Blue Agave provides some great benefits to the skin
- Acts as a gentle exfoliant
- Helps to reduce general skin congestion, aka pimples and blackheads
- Makes your skin soft and supple
- Has anti-aging properties
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Helps heal wounds
- Soothes irritated skin
Baking Soda, an ingredient already found in countless products also has some great benefits.
- Helps to lighten dark spots
- A strong* exfoliant
- Removes excess oil
- Banishes blackheads
2. Wait 5 minutes
3. After the 5 minutes rub the mask, it’ll lighten as this helps to really activate the Baking Soda and allow it to exfoliate the skin.*(This step is a personal preference)*
4. Using a washcloth (trust me on this one) wash off the mask, the formula is quite gooey and without a physical tool to remove the mask, water may not be enough.
5. Pat to dry, it feels amazing. The face will feel cool and potentially tingly, but not in a burning sensation kind of way. There will most likely be some flushing of the skin afterward, this is normal.
6. Moisturize and enjoy how light and clean your skin feels!
This was my experience with this mask, and for what it’s worth my boyfriend, who suffers from some cystic acne, used this mask and noticed a difference overnight. He isn’t someone who pays close attention to these things so for him to notice anything at all spoke volumes. So take it from him it works.
This product has my Cieal of approval. (I’m sorry I think I’m funny)
If you try this product let us know!
We always love hearing from you!